Friday, November 24, 2017

LBC: 1 Dress 3 Coords with Angelic Pretty's Sweetie Chandelier


This week's LBC challenge is to create 3 different outfits with 1 dress. I picked Sweetie Chandelier because I think it's by far the most versatile dress in my wardrobe! I was able to use different shoes, blouses, legwear, bags, and accessories in each one to really make them unique. A personal goal that I set for myself was to complete this challenge without repeating any of my previous coords with this dress. I'm pretty happy with 2/3 of the results! 


Coord 1: Hime Lolita


Coord Rundown:
JSK - Angelic Pretty - Sweetie Chandelier
Blouse - Souffle Song
OTK's - Day Dream Carnival - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Loris
Shoes - Taobao
Accessories - Taobao, Vintage, local jewelry stores


This coord couldn't be complete without all of the hime lolita staples: princess sleeves, lace gloves, pearls, and a tiara! I haven't paired this dress with silver accents before but I'm loving the results. 


Coord 2: Golden Age of OTT Sweet


Coord Rundown:
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Blouse - Bodyline
Bag - Angelic Pretty
Earmuffs - Red Maria
Accessories - Taobao, Cutie Creator, F21, Vintage, Angelic Pretty
OTK's - Sweetie Chandelier - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Taobao


I finally managed to get a pair of AP's lace arm warmers that were popular back when OTT sweet was still in style. I had been looking for these for a good price for years now, I always seemed to just miss them every time I saw them in auctions. I think they match this print really nice so I created an entire coord around them and other pieces from that era: my pink capelet, matching otk's, too many hair bows, shoes with rhinestones in the bows, AP acrylic jewelry, and layered wristcuffs. This is my favorite type of sweet style to wear!




Coord 3: Trying not to be OTT for Once...


Coord Rundown:
Blouse - Angelic Pretty
Cardigan - Taobao
Bag - Angelic Pretty
Accessories - Sanrio, Vintage
Tights - Promenade de Paris - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Taobao

I limited myself to only 1 pair of small matching hair bows here and it's killing me. This coord I'm the least happy with, but still very satisfied overall that I was able to give each outfit such a unique feeling! I think what's bothering me the most about this honestly is the bad lighting in the photo... you can tell winter is here lol. I do like how these tights look with dress, they both have the smallest mint details in them and it's cute to see them together. Maybe next I'll try to coord this with mint, I really like the sound of that!

Thank you for reading! Check out this week's other participants below:



4 comments:

  1. I love how they're all so different from each other, you've done a smashing job there! Hime is probably my favourite, I love Sweet prints being given a more elegant life, although that casual one looks so wearable. I'm not a massive fan of the 'pile everything everywhere' kind of OTT in general, although I do appreciate that it always looks better when worn, so there's still a chance that I could be convinced. :P Still, they're great coords and they definitely show just how versatile Sweetie Chandelier is, your post made me appreciate the print a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's great to hear, I'm glad you like the print more now :D I think it really shows how much all the details mean when coming together to change the feeling of a dress. I want to do this challenge with more of my main pieces now, it's super motivating.

      Delete
  2. Oh I really like the hime one, though you'd look so good in the OTT sweet one and if I were to wear on it'd be the last one. So great job on the variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I was able to try things that would appeal to different tastes, my favorite thing about lolita is how many options there are for wearing things. I do want to redo this challenge soon with skirts because those have even more potential I think!

      Delete